Popular Posts

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Somewhere in New York City...

... An African American man is laughing.

We headed over to the east side on Saturday night to meet up with my colleague's husband and get some dinner. We left at 6pm (always a mistake, even on a Saturday, by the way). We stood out front of our building, taxi book in hand and flagged down a taxi.

The woman pulled over, took one look at the book in my hand, and proceeded to tell us that she wouldn't take us anywhere. I guess three white women are dangerous and/or scary. I thought of taking down her taxi number and reporting her, but that's really a tactic you use when you need the taxi and no one else will stop.

She didn't want to pick us up so much, she made sure she told us so instead of just driving past. Fortunately, I didn't want to take her taxi anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment