Popular Posts

Monday, November 15, 2010

The Life and Times of Donald Duck

OK, so I don't know much about his life, but I know a lot about his death. Here he is, waiting for his beheading.


From Donald Duck


I was glad to see he had already been eviscerated. He also had had his wings chopped off. I assume the store sold them separately. And I didn't even have to pull the heart out of his body -- it wasn't included. Still, I was feeling very much like the Queen of Hearts. And chop off his head I did.

From Donald Duck


The bit in the middle I put aside with some duck backs in the freezer for some duck stock.

Once skewered, badly, and trussed, poorly, he went into the oven. He was also dusted with some salt and pepper and thyme.

From Donald Duck


I admit that I overcooked him... it's tough when your recipes are in pounds, your duck is in kilos, and smaller than when purchased, and you aren't ever really sure what temperature your oven is at. Oh, and I haven't ever rotisseried anything before.

From Donald Duck


He tasted pretty good though.

And now, he's becoming soup. 

From Donald Duck


You can see the full album here

No comments:

Post a Comment