Popular Posts

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Internet, Glorious Internet!

What is worth the waiting for,
Why I work from eight to four,
All I ever want is email.

Everyday I say a prayer,
Can I pay my bill of fare,
All I ever want is email.

There is not a bit, not a byte can I find, can I beg, can I borrow, or cadge,
Still there's nothing to stop me from getting a thrill,
When I close my eyes and imagine...

Internet, glorious Internet!
Twitter, myspace, and facebook.
While I'm in the mood,
To blog, surf, and waste time.
Blogger, hulu, and NPR.
What next is the question.
Rich gentlemen have it boys on their iPhones.

Internet, glorious Internet.
I'm anxious to try it、
24-hours a day is my favorite diet.
Just picture a great big Lol: cats, failblog, or graphjam、
Oh, Internet, wonderful Internet, marvelous Internet, glorious Internet!

Internet, glorious Internet!
What is there more handsome?
Wired, cable, or wireless, still worth a king's randsom.
What is there to dream about?
What brings on a sigh?
Piles of cable strewn about, six feet high.

Internet, glorious Internet!
Type right through the URLs.
Research some new proxy servers,
Two minutes and then you 
Work up a new appetite 
In this interlude
Then Internet, once again,  Internet, fabulous Internet, glorious Internet!

Internet, glorious Internet!
Don't care how slow it is.
Dial-up, ISDN, firewalled -- don't mind an hourglass。
Just think of speeding up -- my senses go reeling
One moment of knowing that instantaneous feeling。

Internet, glorious Internet!
What wouldn't I give for
That extra bit more, that's all that I live for.
Why should I be fated to do nothing but brood
For Internet, magical Internet, wonderful Internet, marvellous Internet, fabulous Internet, beautiful Internet, glorious Internet!!


(Yes, I just got an Internet connection at my apartment.)

No comments:

Post a Comment