Popular Posts

Thursday, September 9, 2010

I Want to Slow This Blog Down for a Moment

Amidst all of my raves and humorous posts about my exciting new living situation, I want to share something serious with you.

I must say that traveling here was one of the scariest things I've done. I've done some scary things, too. Hiring a lawyer and rappelling off the side of a mountain might be the only things that come close to how I felt sitting in the airport and on the airplane.

I had packed and prepared and psyched myself up for it, but nothing really gets you ready for the actual doing. I felt very small, and very alone. I did not feel brave in the least.

But then I thought of all of you, and how you all told me how brave I was. I began to believe you, too. I reaIized that even if something happened and I had to go back home, I had tried; I took the step. And wherever I end up, I will have all of you behind me, reminding me that I am brave, or friendly, or kind, or loyal and that those are the qualities that will see me through. 

You are the people who will see me through.

So, thanks. I can't do it without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment