Popular Posts

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Tissue? I Hardly Even Know You

I've been running through my tissues -- due to my cold, of course, So, when I went to the store yesterday to stock up on fruit and soda, I picked up a new box.

Except tissues don't come in boxes in China, they come in plastic bags. Think a really big package of pocket tissues.

Neither, incidentally, do they come with lotion or soft fibers, I might add. I found a package of "premium" tissues a couple of months ago. And they're premium if by premium you mean about as soft as standard issue at a public high school in the U.S., but not as large. 

So, I have to find the tissues in the store. I find the paper products section and start looking for plastic bags filled with soft, squishy stuff. (Remember, I can't read in this country.) I found an end cap with plastic bags on it. Hey, these look good. They're even in a pretty pink shade.

I turn the package over, look at it, squish it. Notice the picture on the back... wait a minute! These aren't tissues, they're pads. Now, a package of pads wouldn't have been the end of the world, but they really wouldn't have helped much with my runny nose.

I found a package of tissues one end cap over. They're softer than my "premium" tissues, but they still ain't no Puffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment