Popular Posts

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Clutter! Crash! Clack!

The doors to the building are always left open. It makes the hallways very, very cold. I entered the building the other day, and the doors were closed. Sweet. I could open the door, walk through, and close it -- like a normal person. I don't need to open the door so widely that it stays open. Simple.

I walk through and about three steps into the foyer I heard the loudest crash, ever. With a start, I turned around, convinced the (glass) door had broken. Nope. It just slams shut. No wonder people leave them open.

A few days later, I was in the elevator with a couple of my colleagues and was telling them my story. I didn't get past "I didn't feel the need to keep the door open" before they both started laughing. 

Another item to add to the List of Things China Didn't Get the Memo About: door dampeners.

Rattle! Clang! Clack! Sack! Whap! Bam!

No comments:

Post a Comment