Popular Posts

Friday, October 22, 2010

Freeze Frame

I got to school a little late this morning (late as in 7:25, not late as in 7:59), so I was walking onto campus when the flag was being raised. It was a sight, to say the least.

All across campus, as the national anthem was played from the loudspeakers and the flag was run up the flagpole, everyone stopped. Every student. Every teacher. Everyone. Just stopped walking and talking and waited silently for the anthem to end.

It was eerie. It was as if someone hit pause on a remote and I was the only one unaffected. I don't know if you've been on an American campus anytime recently, but the students don't stop for anything. And they certainly don't ALL stop.

It was also the most bone-chilling display of patriotism I think I have ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment