Popular Posts

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Dire Straits

You know you're not in Kansas anymore when the only bastion of all that is clean and wonderful in your neighborhood is the Holiday Inn,

Yup.

We went to the Holiday Inn for lunch yesterday. They have a decent Thai restaurant and a decent "Western" restaurant. You're not really supposed to eat there if you're not a guest, but they let you anyway. We all got the burger and fries. The fries were good, complete with a lightly spicy salt dusting. The burger was large and came with cheese and bacon, but without mayo. I was sad that I didn't bring my new jar of mayo with me. (Thanks again, Mom!) The ketchup, too, was a little weird. But it was the closest thing to a normal lunch I've had in a long time.

To be fair to the Holiday Inn (which brings to mind hordes of screaming kids and their careworn parents on sad, American vacations in random heartland locations), it has a good reputation internationally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment