Popular Posts

Sunday, March 18, 2012

It Was the Best of Times...

... It was the worst of times.

I lost my wallet last night. It either fell out of my pocket or was picked (which is unusual, even in touristy places). But it's gone, along with some cash and my credit cards (which hadn't been in there earlier in the day, but I was having trouble with the safe in my room, so I had put them in so as to not leave them unattended...). I also lost my subway transit card, my heath insurance card, the card to my building, and my St. Anthony relic card from the Monterey Mission. And the wallet itself, which I've had forever and love.

On the positive side, I've cancelled my cards (but the charge to the hotel has been authorized so that should be OK) and new ones are coming. (There were no charges on them.) and a very, very nice deputy head (who is recruiting me) lent -- no, gave -- me some cash so I can get out of here and to the airport.

My good friend has offered to leave me money at the airport (she is traveling elsewhere today and will be there earlier in the evening), but my Handler is totally coming through and will meet me at my apartment with money for a cab at a ridiculous hour of the morning.

I truly live and work with some amazing people.

It was, however, a good night for sports. My favorite team won their game against Dook and Wales beat France in Six Nations Rugby (in a total grudge match after Wales loss to France in the World Cup this past fall).

And, I have at least one job offer, so I won't have to live in my sister's basement (no matter how much fun that might have been). This offer is from one of the schools in Korea, and it is English, but they have a humanities approach so I'd be working closely with social studies and as a growing school, they are open to moving people around. And the air there is clean.


- Do you really care this was posted using BlogPress from my iPad?

Location:Bangkok, Thailand

1 comment:

  1. Where in Korea? I taught in an industrial area of Pusan, and the air was most *definitely* not clean. I've got the scar tissue on my eyeball to prove it! =)

    ReplyDelete