Popular Posts

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Scrub-A-Dub-Dub

The major problem with not being able to take a shower (besides not being able to take a shower) is the "hair-washing problem".

In the States, if I couldn't take a shower, I could still stick my head under the tap in the tub. The tub was deep enough and while it might be uncomfortable, it could be done. Of course, I could also stick my head under the kitchen tap. There's a sprayer, so I could use that to get sour f the back of my head.

But here? No. No tub, and while I do have a kitchen sink, it's not that deep and it definitely does not have a sprayer.

On Sunday, while roaming around my apartment complex, I noticed there was a hair-dresser's. Around here, there is pretty much a small, neighborhood shop (or 12) for just about every service imaginable. I don't even have to go out on the main drag.

It took me a day to put two-and-two together, but I finally realized that my local hairdresser would probably be more than happy to wash my hair for me. Crap, women have probably been paying other people to wash their hair for centuries, especially when it was a lot harder to wash it yourself on a daily basis.

Yesterday, I went over after work. There was some slight confusion about whether I wanted a wash and a cut, or just a wash, but we worked it out. And then she washed my hair. Of course, being a good hairdresser, she followed the instructions on the bottle:

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

And, I got a nice head massage out of the deal. Although she did get a little forceful at the end... I probably could have done with a little less nail on the second washing.

I even got a blow dry out of the deal.

All for ¥15, or about $2.25. I might have to do that more often, just for the head massage.


- Do you really care this was posted using BlogPress from my iPad?

Location:Beijing, China

No comments:

Post a Comment